Visitor Visas


Australia offers a variety of student visas which cater for various levels of qualifications. Applicants are also categorized in levels of 1 to 5 depending on the level of studies they are undertaking as well as their country of origin. The higher the level, the more evidence that is required in relation to lodging a student visa. Seeking advice from a specialist prior to lodging a student visa either in Australia or overseas is of great assistance, and can provide significant peace of mind that your choice of course is the right one for you.

We can guide you as to the type of evidence required, as well as provide independent advice as to whether the course is appropriate as we do not receive commissions from any educational provider. This is extremely important when initially applying for a student visa, as nearly all student visas have conditions placed on them which do not allow for a student to change educational providers in the 1st year of the course (unless exceptional reasons can be established).

Types of available visas include:

English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
Applies to stand-alone English language courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III or IV, or that result in no formal Australian award.

Primary or secondary school course
Applies to primary, junior secondary or senior secondary school courses, and approved secondary school exchange programs.

Vocational education and training
Applies to Certificates I, II, III or IV (except ELICOS), diploma, advanced diploma, vocational graduate certificate or vocational graduate diploma courses.

Higher education
Applies to a Bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or Masters by coursework.

Postgraduate research
Applies to Masters by research or a doctoral degree.

Applies to non-award foundation studies, or other full-time courses or components of courses not leading to an Australian award.

AusAID and Defence
Applies to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australian Department of Defence undertaking full-time courses of any type.

Student Guardians
Parents or relatives can apply for a visa to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia.

Student Visa Conditions
All student visas have various conditions, including work limitations and a requirement to maintain an acceptable attendance level and/or results. It is essential that students are aware of these conditions, as a breach of a condition can result in cancellation. It is also very important to seek advice if a student becomes aware of breaching a condition, or is notified by their educational provider or DIBP that they have breached a condition. Do not wait until after a student visa is cancelled! Students should also seek advice prior to seeking to change their course or educational provider.